Information & Inspiration
For all those who are striving for happiness and
success in their personal and professional lives.
Self-employed at home for most of her adult life, Barbara Brabec continues to move in new directions as an author, independent publisher, and author's consultant. This ad-free site reflects her professional and personal interests, philosophy, and Christian beliefs.
Looking for new perspective on dealing with various life and business-related issues? Want information you can trust from an acclaimed writer experienced in every topic she writes about? Then you've come to the right place.
“Expect to have hope rekindled. Expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways. The dry seasons in life do not last. The spring rains will come again.” –Sarah Ban Breathnach, author of Simple Abundance
“In the central place of every heart there is a recording chamber. So long as it receives a message of beauty, hope, cheer, and courage—so long are you young. When the wires are all down and our heart is covered with the snow of pessimism and the ice of cynicism, then, and only then, are you grown old.” –Douglas MacArthur (1880–1964)
Hello, and Welcome!
After 21 years on my former home-business domain, I opened this new site in late 2021 so I could continue to encourage and help others through my writing and professional services for years to come.
Barbara's New Blog:
Personal Musings about Life
Join my mailing list
to receive my monthly email Brabec Bulletins.
This mobile-friendly site has easy navigation with rich content that can be viewed on any digital device. If using a cell phone, however, viewing in horizontal mode will make the reading easier since it shows the button bar with drop-down menu pages and sidebar content all in one frame.
For an overview of articles in 14 life-related topic categories, visit the ARTICLES Table of Contents page. Here you’ll be linked to my newest content and dozens of my most popular and timeless articles, reports, and PDF documents, all updated for today’s times.
NEW: Do You Believe in Guardian Angels? Barbara’s new “Personal Musings” post shares the story of her “2,000 Guardian Angel Miracle.”
• How to Find Enough Time for Everything. Our goal must be to make every minute count, and as we’re counting, we should also keep reflecting on what we’ve accomplished to date.
• Be a Fearless Dreamer and Reinvent Yourself at Any Age. Inspirational thoughts and research about the importance of dreaming and changing your life or work if it’s not all you want it to be, and the necessity of lifelong study on how to get where you want to go.
• Tornadoes, Disaster Preparedness, and God. If you suffer a weather disaster or fire, here’s how having a disaster plan in place will help you survive it financially and emotionally.
• How I Was Conned into Adoption by a Fluffy-tailed Tabby [PDF]. The story of how Barbara selected and rescued her first cat in 2005 at the Humane Society and the big surprise she got after bringing it home.
Enjoy the Site! And thanks for recommending it to anyone who may need the help or information offered. Any mention you can give me on your website, Facebook page, or another social networking site will be most appreciated. Let me know how I might be helpful to you in return.
BLOG * BOOKS * SERVICES * CONTACT
Barbara's Office Environment
See the Bengal tiger wall of cross-stitch embroideries that took thousands of hours to stitch over several years.
1927 – 2005
Barbara and Harry Brabec —partners in both life and business for nearly 44 years. Barbara's memoir of their unusual and adventurous musical life together is documented in The Drummer Drives! Everybody Else Rides.
• Remembering Harry Brabec. Barbara's tribute documents Harry's unusual and amazing professional life, with historical music information and colorful stories and photos.
• A Widow’s Thoughts and Advice. A PDF collection of Barbara's series of articles for widows and other grieving hearts.
My Favorite "Harryisms"
“The world is round, but I am square.”
“He was always difficult, but he never was a bore.”
“I have a weight problem. When it comes to eating, I can hardly wait.”
Website Design by
Copyright © 2023 by Barbara Brabec. All Rights Reserved.