Perspective on Making and Saving Money
.“The intelligence that relates to moneymaking is a particular kind of intelligence. Many of those who succeed are people who sense small but significant needs in the marketplace, develop businesses and careers around them, and nourish these niches into riches.” – Valerie Bohigian, Ladybucks
.TABLE OF CONTENTS
• Accidents and Liability Insurance Issues When You Fall on Public Property. A fall on black ice in 2010 led Barbara to some scary discoveries about the financial pitfalls of falling on public property—plus the knowledge that she had a benign brain tumor called a meningioma.
• Are You Prepared for Disaster? Barbara’s tips for setting up a “Grab-it-Quick Bag.”
• Cashing in on Your Creativity: Two Ways to Look at It. Learn how to use your time and skills to make money by profiting from your know-how, and save it by “doing it yourself” or by bartering.
“Starting out to make money is the greatest mistake in life. Do what you feel you have a flair for doing, and if you are good enough at it, the money will come.” – Greer Garson, actress (1904-1996)
• Do You Really Need a Landline Phone (and the expense that goes with it)? How Barbara cut her monthly telephone expenses from $117 to just $20 by switching her local and long-distance service from AT&T to her cable Internet service provider.
• How to Save Money on Prescription Drugs and Other Medical Expenses. This information is for seniors and low-income folks who are having a difficult time paying for necessary prescription drugs.
“Money is definitely a necessity, but I’m beginning to feel it isn’t worth all we go through to get it.” – Marcella, in Marcella’s Secret Dreams and Stories
• How to Create a Durable Financial Power of Attorney without a Lawyer. Here’s a legal step Barbara took after accepting the reality that she might not always be able to do everything herself.
• How to Turn a Hobby into a Profitable Business at Home. 10 Start-up Tips from Barbara.
• Maximizing Schedule C Deductions and Working with an Accountant. The more you know about the tax strategies and deductions available to home business owners, the less you will have to pay in taxes. Barbara’s special tips and links to several tax-related websites and articles.
• Selling Books and CDs on Amazon Marketplace. Perspective from seasoned marketplace seller, Barbara Brabec.
• Tornadoes, Disaster Preparedness, and God. If you suffer a weather disaster or fire, here’s how having a disaster plan in place will help you survive it financially and emotionally. (Previously published as a Brabec Bulletin, May 24, 2022.)
• Will You Be Still Working In Your Seventies? A story about retirement planning with the simple financial exercise that changed Barbara’s life and the way she was looking at her future and work itself. It might change your retirement outlook too.
“We should work all we can, save all we can, and give all we can.”
– John Wesley (1703-1791)
All Articles T/C